Student Parliament elections 2019
We have examined this year's results of the Student Parliament election and took a few reasons:
- We were able to increase our share from 12,50% to 14,05%. Moreover, for the first time in history we have a representative in the senate of the University of Marburg. There are 17 senators of which three are students. We will give left policies a voice even though the power share is favoring to a huge degree the group of the professors.
- The general hype of the green party affects the elections on the universities as well, even though they are not able to fill all the seats they acquired. Additionally, with the loss of the Mensaristischen Einheitspartei (MEP) many voters needed to vote differently. Unfortunately the dedication for climate protection seems to be rather scarce as can be seen in the support for the Fridays for Future - Marburg. This election could a good reason to change that.
- The liberal university group (LHG; FDP-Hochschulgruppe) was able to mobilize many conservative voters with their populist campaign, attacking different student bodies. On the other hand this might have happened at the cost of the RCDS.
- Latter failed to gain support with its antifeminist rhetoric.
- The Jusos find themselves in a steady downtrend. This however is not surprising considering the situation of the SPD.
In conclusion we hope that the results, which strengthen the current AStA coalition of CampusGrün Marburg - Grüne Hochschulgruppe, Fachschaftspower Uni Marburg, Juso-Hochschulgruppe Marburg and SDS.dielinke (from 26 to 32 seats), will help us to campaign for emancipating politics and a solidary and open-minded University Marburg.